Improve Your Performance!
Invest 60 minutes with sports nutritionist Melissa Mathes, RDN and physical therapist John Thomas, DPT and earn dividends on your training. Learn about:
- The need for extra nutrition for sport, growth and development because of growth patterns (calcium, iron)
- Foundation diet, why it is important, and how a poor quality diet effects performance in a negative manner.
- Macro nutrients and the importance for foundation diet. Why carbs are important for athletes, their role, high quality carbs protein and fat, what they are, example of serving size and how they help performance and health.
- Sports Nutrition- Hydration guidelines why it is integral, dehydration avoidance, fueling PRE, during, recovery importance and guidelines.
Melissa A. Mathes, RDN is a Sports Nutritionist and a expert in medical nutrition therapy. She presents sports nutrition information to many different athletic groups and teams in the South Orange County area. She holds a Masters degree in Public Health from Loma Linda University with a Bachelors of Science in nutrition science from Cal Poly San Luis Obispo and holds the following Certifications:
- Specialization in Sports Dietetics (CSSD).
- Adult weight management and obesity level II.
- Child and adolescent weight management and obesity.
Date: March 10, 2018
Time: 10 AM start- Arrive early for signing in and seating.
Cost: $5.00 per athlete which includes a parent. We encourage that a Student Athlete brings a parent to this educational event so everyone is on the same page for training and nutrition.
Location: 25322 Jeronimo Rd, Lake Forest, CA 92630 at: