Coach Robert Belo attended the week long 2013 USATF/IAAF Academy for Throws and Jumps at the USOC Olympic Training Center – Chula Vista, California December 30, 2012 to January 5, 2013.
The IAAF Academy Diploma for Elite Coach is the highest recognized achievement awarded through the IAAF Coaches Education and Certification System (CECS). It is recognized around the world and indicates that a coach is not only highly experienced but has the knowledge to coach or instruct at the highest international levels of the track & field profession. In addition to the IAAF Diploma, all USATF Level 2 coaches who complete the course will receive a Level 3 certification in the jumps event.
This years faculty included some of the worlds best instructors/coaches:
- Dr. Wolfgang Ritzdorf – IAAF Lead Lecturer for Jumps; Noted professor at the German Sports University, Cologne; Recognized as world class authority for the High Jump.
- Dr. Robert Chapman – USATF Associate Director of Sport Science; Assistant Professor of Kinesiology, Indiana University
- Dr. Elio Locatelli – IAAF Director of Member Services; Renowned Italian Sprint Coach and Researcher
- Loren Seagrave – IMG Academy Director for Speed and Movement; IAAF Academy Director for Sprints & Hurdles
- Don Babbitt– IAAF Lead Lecturer for Throws; Throws Coach at the University of Georgia; World class coach for Reese Hoffa, Adam Nelson, and other world class throwers
- Art Venegas – USATF Strength and Conditioning Consultant at the USOC Olympic Training Center; Former Strength Coach for HSI Sprint Club; Former Head Coach at UCLA; Coach of Gold medalist, John Godina, Jessica Cosby, American Record holder in the hammer.
- Dr. Phil Cheetham – USOC Biomechanist for Jumps and Throws at the Chula Vista Training Center
- Dr. Larry Judge– Professor of Coaches Education at Ball State University, Muncie, Indiana; Noted US Throws Coach.
- Dr. Klaus Baronietz – World renowned German throws coach, biomechanist.
- Jeremy Fischer – Coach of Horizontal Jumps at the Olympic Training Center; Personal Coach of Olympian Will Claye.
“This was an incredible week of learning and networking from a wonderful group of national, international instructors” Belo stated. To contact Coach Robert Belo please email him at: Rob@GrassRootsAthletics.org